When I was pregnant with my last baby (No.4) I really really craved mushrooms.
So as you can imagine I became rather inventive thanks to my hormone hijacked taste buds.
I created a number of mushroomy creations that were loved by my cravings and the family alike so I’d love to share this one..
These pasties are Rich, Simple to make and Super comforting.
You will ❤❤❤ them… This makes 4 large paties.
Prep Time : 20min.
Cook Time : 30 mins
- Mushrooms 1 tub
- Red Onion 1 large/2 small
- Puff Pastry roll
- Garlic 4 -6 cloves
- Butter 75g
- Dash of Olive oil
- Thyme – fresh if possible 3 – 4 sprigs
- Plain Flour 1 tbsp
- Milk 125ml
- Mature Chedder ( as much as you like)
- Preheat the oven to 180’C
- Slice mushrooms (pound coin thickness) Cut onion in half, then slice. Chop or mash garlic in a pestle.
- Add butter to a large frying pan and add a glug of Olive oil to prevent butter from burning.
- On low heat add garlic and saute for a few mins, then add onion and cook until soft (again few mins)
- Add mushrooms and thyme and cook until the mushrooms sweat.
- Add one tbls of plain flour and stir in well for minute, after which remove from heat and add milk a splash at a time and keep mixing until a thick pastey consistancy is achieved. Then return to low heat and continue adding milk a splash at a time and mixing until you have a creamy texture.
- Then remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Open out puff pastry sheet, cut through the middle lengthways and then down the middle for four large pasties.
- Add enough filling to easily allow a good seal. Top with cheese, en seal pastry with a pinch and fold method or pring with folk.
- Make light diagnal score lines over the top with a knife and egg wash (or milk)
- Pop in the oven for 30 mins
Please let me know how you get on…